Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Biscuits and Gravy w/ Turkey Breakfast Sausage Links

Dinner Tonight: Biscuits and Gravy w/ Turkey Breakfast Sausage Links






To start my morning I toasted a couple of slices of Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread and  Scrambled some Egg Beater's Egg Whites that I topped with a few shakes of Ortega Chipotle Taco
Sauce and Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese. I also had my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Mom had the cataract taken off her left eye this morning. Mom's cousin went with her for this one. So after Breakfast I headed off to Kroger for a few items for myself and Mom. Back home I got the leaf blower out and cleaned off the deck and driveway areas. Later did a load of laundry and cleaned the house. For Dinner tonight its Breakfast! I prepared Biscuits and Gravy w/ Turkey Breakfast Sausage Links.




I think I'm going with a Breakfast Menu for the next 2 or 3 Dinners, it just sounds good! Time to mix it up a bit for Dinner. I'll be using Pioneer Peppered White Gravy Mix, Pillsbury Grands Junior Biscuits, and Johnsonville Turkey Breakfast Sausage Links. I also had a glass of Kroger 2% White Milk to drink.








To make the Gravy I'm using a packet of my favorite Gravy, Pioneer Peppered White Gravy Mix. So easy to prepare and absolutely delicious! To prepare it I get a small sauce pan and give it a light spray
of Pam non Stick Cooking Spray w/ Olive Oil. I add a 1 1/2 cups of Cold Water to the pan and heat it on high to rolling boil. As that is heating up I preheated the oven for the Pillsbury Biscuits and I mixed the Gravy. In a measuring cup I added a 1/2 cup of Cold Water and then added the Gravy Mix to the Water and stirred until it smooth. When the Water was boiling I added the Gravy Mix. Turned down the heat a notch or two and started stirring the Mix and Water. Continued stirring until it started to thicken. Removed it from the heat and continued to stir it for about 30 seconds. I put the lid on the sauce pan and set it aside until I was ready to use it.


Time to bake the Pillsbury Grands Junior Biscuits! Took a small baking pan and sprayed a light coat of the Pam Cooking Spray on it. Added the Biscuits and popped the pan in the oven. I'm baking them 400ᵒ F for 10 minutes. And as all Pillsbury Biscuits, they came out perfect. Flaky, hot, and ready to serve. Put the Biscuits on a paper towel lined plate and covered them with a towel until ready to use.







Finally as the Biscuits were baking I prepared the Johnsonville Turkey Breakfast Sausage Links.Another delicious and easily prepared item. I buy these all the time, my favorite. I took a small skillet and sprayed it with the Pam Cooking Spray. Heated it on medium heat. Cooked them for 9 minutes, turning them several times. I love these Sausage Links! I prepared the whole package, Mom is having the Breakfast Dinner with me. Her surgery went great, now both eyes are done!






To serve everything, I got a bowl and added 2 Biscuits, topped them with the Gravy, and added a couple of the Sausage Links. Then chowed down! Everything is so good, Mom really enjoyed it she had not had Breakfast or Lunch. Also had a glass of 2% White Milk. For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop - Pop Corn with a Diet Peach Snapple to  drink.












PIONEER® GRAVY MIXES—FROM BROWN GRAVY TO CHICKEN GRAVY TO COUNTRY GRAVY MIX.
Just about every meal gets that much better when you add the rich flavor of gravy. One taste of our
Pioneer gravy and you’ll understand why. Rich and flavorful, all of our gravy mixes are ready in just three easy steps. And we offer a whole pantry full of flavors—from brown gravy mix to country gravy mix. So you can serve the perfect gravy to complement any meal. It’s true that the best meals come with gravy, and the best gravy mixes come from Pioneer.

 The gravy tastes that will bring back memories of dinner at Grandma’s. Pioneer gravy mixes not only taste great, but are convenient, use quality ingredients and make two cups of gravy, twice as much as most other mixes. They’re the perfect complements to your favorite meats and potatoes. But don’t forget delicious veggies, too. Plus, check out the recipe favorites on each package.     

2.75 oz. Pioneer Peppered Gravy Mix
Try over a warm biscuit for a great way to start the day.
http://pioneerbrand.com/pioneer-peppered-gravy-mix/






Johnsonville Turkey Fully Cooked Breakfast Sausage

COOKING DIRECTIONS
These products are fully cooked and ready to eat out of the package or be prepared to your liking!
1 - Place refrigerated sausage links in a nonstick skillet.
2 - Cover skillet.
3 - Heat for 8-10 minutes over medium heat or until heated through, turning occasionally

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size: 2 links (45g)
Servings per Container: 6
Calories: 80
Calories from Fat: 35
% Daily Value *
Total Fat: 4 g 6%
Saturated Fat: 1 g 6%
Trans Fat: 0 g 0%
Cholesterol: 35 mg 11%
Sodium: 260 mg 11%
Total Carbohydrates: 1 g 0%
Dietary Fiber: 0 0%
Sugars: 0
http://www.johnsonville.com/products/fully-cooked-turkey.html

No comments:

Post a Comment