Thursday, June 12, 2014

Seasoned Haddock w/ Smashed Red Potatoes and Sliced Carrots

Dinner Tonight: Seasoned Haddock w/ Smashed Red Potatoes and Sliced Carrots








We're caught in a rainy and humid weather pattern, rainy and humid out again. Goetteafest is going on in neighboring Newport, Kentucky this weekend. So to celebrate that here at home I started my day off with a Crumbled Goetta and Egg on Whole Grain English Muffin, and a delicious way to start! Not much going on today, just bummed around the house doing a few things. For dinner tonight I prepared a Seasoned Haddock w/ Smashed Red Potatoes and Sliced Carrots.








I picked up a fillet of Haddock at Kroger yesterday. To prepare it I rinsed the fillet in cold water and patted dry with a paper towel. Then sliced the fillet into smaller pieces. I then seasoned it with just a bit of Sea Salt and put the pieces in a Hefty Zip Plastic Bag where I then added Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Breading Mix. Shook until all the pieces were well coated. Shook off the excess and pan fried them in Canola Oil, frying them about 3 minutes per side until golden brown. Haddock and Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Mix is a perfect combo.









For one side I prepared some Smashed Red Potatoes. To prepare, I took 3 small to medium size Red Potatoes and boiled them until they were fork tender. When they were done I placed them on a cookie sheet and, using a drinking glass, I smashed them just enough that they opened up a bit. I then seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn, I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, Parsley, and rosemary. Then baked them, in a preheated oven at 425 degrees, for about 10 minutes. Piping hot and delicious! Then I also heated up a small can of Sliced Carrots. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Mousse.










Zatarain’s Lemon Pepper Fish-Fri

The secret of authentic Southern Style fried fish is the crispy combination of corn flour, spices and lemon juice captured in this special Zatarain’s Frying Mix.
Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 2 Tbsp.

Servings Per Container: Servings per container – 40
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories: 50

Calories from Fat: 0

Total Fat: 0g 0%

Saturated Fat: 0g 0%

Cholesterol: 0mg 0%

Sodium: 1140mg 48%

Total Carb: 11g 4%

Dietary Fiber: 0g 0%

Sugar: 0g



http://www.zatarains.com/Products/Breadings-and-Fry-Mixes/Lemon-Pepper-Fish-Fri.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment