Monday, April 7, 2014

I Have Spammed!


I tried Spam for the first time this morning! I know your probably thinking, "Wow he must have led a sheltered life". You have to know I was a very, and I mean very picky eater up until about 5 or 6 years ago. I was so picky that when I was young my Mom took me to the doctor because I would hardly eat or try anything, besides Hot Dogs of course! The doctor told her then not to worry he'd never seen a growing boy who starved himself. Then I was diagnosed with Diabetes 2. When I found that out I started eating healthier and trying foods I would have never ate, and now Spam being one of them this morning.





I used Spam Light, which has less Fat, less Sodium, and less Calories than normal Spam. I see on the Spam web site that there is a Spam Turkey. I'll have to see if I can find that one and try that one also. For Breakfast I prepared an Egg, Cheese, and Fried Spam Sandwich. I fried the egg Sunnyside Up and used a slice of Sargento Ultra Thin Colby Longhorn Cheese. Then for  the  Spam I  sliced it and pan fried it in a 1/2 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. i fried it till both sides had browned, turning it over one time. It fried up very easy to a perfect golden brown. From there I made my sandwich, using Klosterman Wheat Bread. I toasted the bread and topped it with Spam, Cheese and cooked Egg. Makes one delicious Breakfast sandwich! I am now a Spam convert! Looking forward to trying the different Spams and Spam recipes! And yes I have Spammed!






SPAM® Lite


Heavy on the flavor, light on the other stuff. This variety offers the scrumptiousness of SPAM® Classic with 33% less calories, 50% less fat and 25% less sodium, which means you can enjoy the taste you love more often. It’s the perfect SPAM® variety for swimsuit season.


Ingredients

Pork with Ham, Mechanically Separated Chicken, Water, Salt, Modified Potato Starch, Sugar, Sodium Phosphates, Potassium Chloride, Sodium Ascorbate, Sodium Nitrite.


Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 2 oz (56g)
Servings: 6
Amount Per Serving
Calories 110
  % Daily Value
Total Fat 8g 12%
Saturated Fat 3g 15%
Cholesterol 40 15%
Sodium 580mf 24%
Total Carbohydrates 1g 6%
Dietary Fiber 0g
Sugars 0g
Protein 9g


http://www.spam.com/varieties/spam-lite

No comments:

Post a Comment