Sunday, May 29, 2011

Fried Walleye w/ White Asparagus and...

Dinner Tonight: Fried Walleye w/ Fresh White Asparagus, Kicked Up Corn, and Harvest Grain Bread.

Well first off Happy Memorial Weekend everyone! Please remember our Troops around the world and those that gave their lives for our country.



I fixed a fried Walleye Fillet that was rolled in Whole Grain Flour and Bread Crumbs. Seasoned with Sea Salt and Pepper and lightly fried in Extra Virgin Olive Oil. As sides had White Asparagus for the first time. There was a recipe with the Asparagus so I used that to fix the White Asparagus with. I boiled the Asparagus in salted water for for 10 minutes. Drained and then set aside. I then heated some I Can't Believe It's Not Butter in a sauce pan along with sliced Almonds. Added the cooked Asparagus and sauteed until coated and heated. Seasoned with Pepper, Garlic Salt, and Parsley. I also had Kicked Up Corn along with Kroger Bakery Harvest Graion Bread. I used a can of Del Monte Low Sodium Whole Kernal Corn. I kicked up a bit by seasoning it with Chili Powder, Cumin, Cilantro and Pepper, heated and served. For dessert later my Mom baked an Apple Pie using Splenda, CAN'T WAIT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment