Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Hickory Smoked Ham and Swiss Sandwich

Dinner Tonight: Hickory Smoked Ham and Swiss Sandwich





For Breakfast this morning I made some Simply Potatoes Shredded Hash Browns, heated up some Meijer Diced Ham,and made a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. I made a bed of the Hashbrowns in
a bowl and sprinkled some Sargento Reduced Fat Sharp Cheddar Cheese. Next I put the Diced Ham over top the Hash Browns and served.And had my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Showers and then Cloudy for the day, high of 39 degrees. I ran a couple of errands for Mom and then by Meijer to pick up a couple of gifts for Christmas. I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping! Just need to pick up a few Gift Cards and I'll be through. For Dinner tonight I prepared a Hickory Smoked Ham and Swiss Cheese





The other day at Meijer I bought a Kentucky Legend Hickory Smoked Ham, along with our Turkey for Thanksgiving. It was a small 3 lb. Ham, and it looked delicious as always! I’ve baked a couple of these now and really enjoy them. Having it for Dinner tonight










To prepare it; Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the Kentucky Legend ham from the packaging and place it in a baking dish that’s at least 2 inches deep. Add enough water to just cover the bottom of the pan. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil. Crimp the edges of the foil tightly over the pan edges to prevent steam from escaping. Place the baking dish into the oven and heat the ham until a meat thermometer shows an internal temperature of at least 140 degrees Fahrenheit. The amount of time this takes depends on the size and shape of the ham. Mine took 80 minutes. When the Ham is heated through, remove the baking pan from the oven. Leave the foil on the pan for 15 minutes to rest the meat before removing it and carving.


I then began slicing it, I sliced it somewhat thin. I’m using Aunt Millie’s Light Whole Grain Bread and I’ll need Boar’s Head Imported Switzerland Swiss Cheese. I assembled my Sandwich, Ham, Woeber's Horseradish Mustard, served on Aunt Millie’s Light Whole Grain Bread. What a Sandwich! The Ham is delicious and moist. Excellent Ham Sandwich! Mom thought it was one of the best tasting Hams she ever had, and I agree! We had plenty of leftovers. Kept some out for Breakfast and froze another bag. I didn't make any side dishes to go with the Sandwich, still not much of an appetite of late. For Dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.







Kentucky Legend Brown Sugar Hickory Smoked Quarter Ham

Get the legendary taste of Kentucky Legend Ham in a convenient sliced quarter size. Seasoned and cured to perfection, our double-smoked ham is perfect for sandwiches, appetizers or main courses. Make your everyday meals and snacks easy and delicious!

* Quarter Sliced Brown Sugar Ham
* Double Smoked – Legendary Taste
* No water added
* Fully cooked
* Sliced
* Inspected and passed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture

Ingredients:
Ingredients: Cured With Water, Brown Sugar, Contains 2% Of Salt, Sodium Lactate, Dextrose, Sodium Phosphate, Sodium Diacetate, Sodium Erythorbate, Sodium Nitrite.
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 84 G (3 oz)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 120 Calories
Calories From Fat 25 Calories
% Daily Value
Total Fat 3 g 5
Total Carbohydrate 8 g 3




Boar’s Head Imported Switzerland Swiss Cheese

Made in Switzerland with Alpine milk under the watchful eye of Käse Meisters, this cheese has a nutty, slightly sweet flavor with earthy notes. Boar’s Head Imported Switzerland Swiss Cheese is aged more than 120 days to produce a bold taste, rich color and smooth texture.

https://boarshead.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment