Friday, March 11, 2011

Crappie Tonight!!



Dinner Tonight: Crappie w/ Velveeta/Kraft Shells and Cheese and Hearth Whole Grain Bread


Crappie Fillets
Everyone has their favorite foods mine Bison and Crappie! I know Spring is just around the corner when my Mom’s cousin’s family are returning from their annual winter retreat from Lake Okeechobee. Which also means they bring me a
fresh batch of Lake Okeechobee Crappie or Specks as they call them down in Florida. I could eat these every day and not get tired of them. This year’s catch is a tasty one, as I found out for dinner!
I had Crappie rolled in a Whole Wheat Flour and Bread Crumb mixture and seasoned with Sea Salt, Pepper, McCormick ParmesanSeasoning, and Parsley. Lightly pan fried in Extra Virgin Olive Oil, just lightly browned. As sides had Velveeta/Kraft 2% Shells and Cheese and a slice of Aunt Millie’s Hearth Whole Grain Bread. Did I tell you I love eating Crappie?
**Thank you Starr and Dinah!!**

No comments:

Post a Comment