Thursday, January 17, 2019

Bison Filet Mignon w/ Oven Roasted Cauliflower and Roasted Butternut Squash

Dinner Tonight: Bison Filet Mignon w/ Oven Roasted Cauliflower and Roasted Butternut Squash





For Breakfast this morning I Scrambled a couple of Eggs and toasted a couple of slices of Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread. Also had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. We had a mix of snow, sleet, and rain today. Had a high of 37 degrees. Bitter cold weather moving in over the
weekend they say. After Breakfast I did a load of laundry and later cleaned and straightened the Pantry. I hired a an Awning and Roof Company to put braces underneath the top of the Car Port Awning. There's been 4 houses where the Car Ports have crumbled because of the heavy wet snows. Plus it's very old so hopefully this will prevent it from collapsing. For Dinner tonight its a Bison Filet Mignon w/ Oven Roasted Cauliflower and Roasted Butternut Squash.


When having Buffalo (Bison) I usually have Wild Idea Buffalo but tonight I tried the Buffalo Gal Bison Filet Mignon Steak. I had a Gift Certificate for Buffalo Gal so I thought I would give it a try. I prepared it the same way as I do the Wild Idea Buffalo. Salt, Pepper, Extra Light Olive Oil, and in a Cast Iron Skillet.








To prepare it I preheated the oven to 400°. In a Cast Iron Skillet that I sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray and added a tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil to, I heated it over medium high heat. When
ready I added my Steaks to it. I cooked the Steaks 1 minute each side. I just wanted a light sear on both sides. Then I moved the Skillet on to the preheated Oven and Roasted it for about 4 minutes. Removed the Skillet from the Oven and placed the Steaks on a plate and let them rest for 5 minutes before cutting. Wow, what a juicy and tender Bison Steak! Excellent flavor, I will try these again!







I had purchased a package of Cauliflower from Kroger the other day. We love Cauliflower, I just don't prepare it near enough. To prepare it I'll need; McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn
Medley, and Butter. Then to prepare it Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Spread the cauliflower on a baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven, turning once with a spatula, until golden brown at the edges and cooked to desired tenderness, about 20 minutes or so. You can drizzle it with melted butter or a light coating of Wing Sauce before serving. Cauliflower is so delicious, even an easy recipe like this!


Then for one side I prepared some Roasted Butternut Squash, easy recipe for some delicious Butternut Squash! I purchased 1 small package of Diced Butternut Squash at Kroger. They sell
packages of it that they dice up. This is a lot easier than peeling and seeding one yourself, especially if you don’t have a good knife to cut it. I’ll need; 1 package of Diced Butternut Squash, Walnut Pieces, Bacon Pieces, 1 tablespoons Extra Light Olive Oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Grinder Sea Salt, and 1 teaspoon McCormick Grinder Peppercorn Medley.







To prepare it; Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the Squash on a sheet pan and drizzle with the Olive Oil, Salt, and Peppercorn and toss well. Arrange the squash in one layer and roast for 25 to 30
minutes, until the Squash is tender, turning once with a spatula. And done, very easy to prepare. With the small amount of Seasoning and Olive Oil, it really brings out the flavor of Butternut Squash! The Walnuts work perfect with the Squash. What a Meal! For Dessert later a Jello Sugar Free  Dark Chocolate Pudding.










Buffalo Gal Bison Filet Mignon Steaks
Our premium cut. . .so tender you can cut ’em with a fork. Receive 2 (7-9 oz.) steaks. (2 steaks per package, package is over 1 lb.)
Nutrition (6 oz.):
234 calories; 3.2 g fat; 105 mg cholesterol; 91.8 mg sodium

http://www.buffalogal.com/Bison-Filet-Mignon-Steaks-P37.aspx

http://www.buffalogal.com/Default.aspx





Butternut Squash Health Benefits………
Low in fat, butternut squash delivers an ample dose of dietary fiber, making it an exceptionally heart-
friendly choice. It provides significant amounts of potassium, important for bone health, and vitamin B6, essential for the proper functioning of both the nervous and immune systems.

No comments:

Post a Comment