Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Surf and Turf - Bay Scallops (Surf) and 5 oz. Buffalo Petite Top Sirloin Steak (Turf)

Dinner Tonight: Surf and Turf - Bay Scallops (Surf) and 5 oz. Buffalo Petite Top Sirloin Steak (Turf)




Another one of the "H" Days out; Hazy, Humid and about 80 degrees. Had an Eggo Nutri - Grain
Waffle for Breakfast, not that hungry this morning. After my morning workout headed out to Meijer, picked up some items that was on sale and some Jennie - O Sweet Italian Turkey Sausages. Then stopped by Kroger on the way back home and grabbed some Snapple they had on sale, $1 off per 6-pack. Back home and more cleaning. We have 3 Rotor fans in the bedrooms, I got all 3 and took them outside to clean them. Used my handy dandy Cordless Leaf Blower to clean all the dust out of them. For dinner tonight it's a Surf and Turf Night! I prepared a Surf and Turf - Bay Scallops (Surf) and 5 oz. Buffalo Petite Top Sirloin Steak (Turf).





For the Surf part of my meal; While at Kroger I picked up some Bay Scallops, which I love but never have often enough! I just used a simple skillet recipe to prepare them. I'll need; Bay Scallops, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Blue Bonnet Light Butter, Cayenne, Sea Salt and Pepper (to taste), and Chopped Italian Parsley.



To prepare them; in a small skillet sprayed with a light coat of Pam Cooking Spray add a 1
tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil, heat on medium heat. As the skillet was heating I rinsed the Scallops off in cold water and patted dry with a paper towel. I then added a tablespoon of the Butter to the skillet, when the Butter was melted I added the Scallops. Seasoned them with the Cayenne, Sea Salt, and Pepper and stirred. Cooked them for a total of 3 1/2 minutes.  The scallops should feel firm to the touch, but still slightly soft, like well-set Jello; do not overcook or the scallops become tough and chewy. These came out perfect and delicious! I just love the taste of Scallops.




For the Turf part of my meal I used a Wild Idea 5 oz. Buffalo Petite Top Sirloin Steak. As my Scallops were cooking I fired up another skillet for the Buffalo. To prepare the Steak; I rubbed the Steak with 1 teaspoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Then seasoned it with McCormick’s Grinder Sea Salt and Black Peppercorn. As the Steak rested I preheated a small Cast Iron Skillet on medium heat. When the skillet was heated I added my Buffalo Sirloin, I cooked it 4 minutes per side to a beautiful Medium Rare! The Wild Idea Buffalo Steaks are just incredible. So juicy and the best flavor of any Steak, Beef or Buffalo, I’ve ever had!




I also had a couple of the Yukon Potatoes leftover from last night's dinner. For dessert later a bowl of Breyer's Carb Smart Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.







Wild Idea Buffalo – 5 oz. Petite Top Sirloin Steak
Famous for their flavor, these juicy steaks are perfect for the grill. The small size makes for a great meal for one. 5 oz.


http://buy.wildideabuffalo.com/collections/premium-steaks/products/petite-top-sirloin-steaks





Wild idea Buffalo Steak Cooking Times:

Length of cooking time depends on the thickness of steaks. Adjust to your personal preference.
* 1/2″ thick: 2 minutes each side.
* 1″ thick: 3 minutes first side, and 2 minutes second side for medium rare.
* 1½” thick: 4 minutes each side for medium rare.
For thicker cuts, increase cooking time by 1 minute per half-inch per side, for medium rare.
Temperature Guide–Internal temperatures of meat:
* Rare – 130 degrees. Medium-rare – 140 degrees. Medium – 155 degrees.


http://wildideabuffalo.com/recipes/buffalo-basics/

No comments:

Post a Comment