Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Healthy Drink of Choice - Green Tea

Green tea has been consumed throughout the ages in India, China, Japan, and Thailand. In traditional Chinese and Indian medicine, practitioners used green tea as a stimulant, diuretic (to promote the excretion of urine), astringent (to control bleeding and help heal wounds), and to improve heart health. Other traditional uses of green tea include treating flatulence (gas), regulating body temperature and blood sugar, promoting digestion, and improving mental processes. Green tea has been extensively studied in people, animals, and laboratory experiments. Results from these studies suggest that green tea may be useful for the following health conditions:

* Help you lose weight
* Lower cholesterol
* Strengthen your immune system and repair damaged cells/fight free radicals
* Prevent heart and cardiovascular problems/disease
* Reduce high blood pressure
* Improve the condition of your skin
* Improve your digestive system and ensure your colon/bowel is kept healthy/regular
* Prevent tooth decay and gum disease
* Lower blood sugar and assist with the treatment of diabetes
* Fight against cancer

My personal favorite is Bigelow DeCaffeinated Tea. Since I was diagnosed with
Diabetes2 and high Cholesterol I started drinking 4 cups of hot brewed tea a day and
I believe this and a change in diet has controlled my diabetes2 and lowered
my cholesterol. Also being a Melanoma cancer survivor I like the benefit of the
strengthening of your immune system, an important factor in fighting cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment