Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Blackened Tilapia Sandwich w/ Baked Fries

Dinner Tonight: Blackened Tilapia Sandwich w/ Baked Fries




Started of the morning with a Poached egg on a Healthy Life Whole Grain English Muffin. Did my morning workout and off to Kroger this morning. Needed quite a few items today. Back home ran the vacuum and dusted. Noisy day around here, our next door neighbor was having new shingles put on his roof and repair to his wooden deck. Another sunny day out, about 70 degrees. This might be our Indian Summer we are having weather wise. Cooler temps moving in over the weekend. For dinner tonight I prepared a Blackened Tilapia Sandwich w/ Baked Fries.





I had purchased the Tilapia at Meijer last week and had them in the freezer. Let them thaw overnight in the fridge. To prepare it I rinsed the fillets off in water and patted dry with a paper towel. I
seasoned it with a bit of Sea Salt. Then I melted a 1 tablespoon of Blue Bonnet Light Stick Butter down and rubbed the fillets down with it, covering both sides. I then covered both sides, with Zatarain’s Blackening Seasoning. I added Extra Virgin Olive Oil to a Cast Iron Skillet and preheated it until the Oil was almost ready to start smoking and I added the Tilapia. Just a word of warning have your window open and overhead stove fan a working, it will smoke! I cooked the fillet for 3 minutes each side and it was fork tender and ready. I love the smokey and blackened flavor the Zatarain’s Seasoning provides. Served it on a Kroger Whole Wheat Mini Sub Bun.






For a side I baked some Ore Ida Crinkle Fries, served with a side of Hunt’s Ketchup. Also had a Diet Peach Snapple to drink. For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Mousse.















Zatarain’s Blackened Seasoning

This spicy seasoning blend is rubbed on the outside of fish (or chicken, steak or other meats) for
blackening. Also great as a seasoning rub for the grill or broiler.
Ingredients:
SALT, PAPRIKA, CAYENNE PEPPER, BLACK PEPPER, WHITE PEPPER, CHILI POWDER, MONOSODIUM GLUTAMATE, ONION, GARLIC, SPICES.
Nutrition Facts

Serving Size: 1/4 tsp. (.71g)

Servings Per Container: about 120
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories: 0

http://www.zatarains.com/Products/Spices-and-Extracts/Blackened-Seasoning.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment