Thursday, February 28, 2019

Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork w/ Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Baked Sesame Loaf Bread

Dinner Tonight: Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork w/ Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Baked Sesame Loaf Bread




For Breakfast I had a couple of Nutri Grain Eggos and cooked up a couple of Johnsonville Turkey Breakfast Sausage Links. I also had my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. Did my morning workout and grabbed a shower then back to bed! Another one of those nights and mornings of dealing with Phantom Pains. These really wipe me out for the day if they are bad, and these were quite painful. So nothing going on today. For Dinner tonight its Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork w/ Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans, Baked Sesame Loaf Bread.




We had a lot of Pulled Pork Boston Butt leftover from Dinner last night. It was so delicious we we
were not going to let it go to waste! So I heated up the leftovers in a large sauce pan. Heated it on medium low and just let it simmer to heat up.











As the Pulled Pork was heating I prepared the Mashed Potatoes. I prepared some Bob Evan’s Mashed Potatoes. Just microwave for 6 minutes and serve, just as good as homemade, if not better.











For a second side I opened up another jar of the Canned Green Beans. Just heated them up in a large sauce pan and done! I love our Canned Beans, fresh Green Beans in Winter! To put the Dish together I made a bed with Mashed Potatoes. Topped them with Pulled Pork and topped the Pork with some of the JB's Fat Boy HaugWaush BBQ Sauce. Served it with the Green Beans and Sesame Bread. I also baked a Kroger Bakery Rustic Sesame Loaf Bread. For Dessert/Snack I had a bowl of Skinny Pop – Pop Corn and a Diet Peach Snapple to drink.






Crock Pot BBQ Pork Shoulder or Boston Butt

INGREDIENTS
Pork Shoulder or Boston Butt, about 4 to 7 pounds, bone-in or boneless
1/4 cup of Water
JB’s Fat Boy Premium All-Purpose Rub
JB’s Fat Boy HaugWaush BBQ Sauce

PREPARATION

1 – The night before apply the Rub all over Pork Shoulder and seal in a plastic bag. Refrigerate until ready to use the next day.

2 – Place the meat in the slow cooker with water.

3 – Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Turn to LOW and cook 7 to 9 hours longer, until very tender. Remove roast and discard fat and juices. Chop or shred the pork; return to slow cooker. Mix a little barbecue sauce into the meat for flavor. Cover and cook on LOW for about 1 hour longer, until hot.

4 – Serve on sandwich buns with coleslaw (Optional) and extra barbecue sauce on the side.

No comments:

Post a Comment