Sunday, February 3, 2019

Fried Gulf of Maine Redfish w/ Potato Pancakes and Cut Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Fried Gulf of Maine Redfish w/ Potato Pancakes and Cut Green Beans




For Breakfast this morning it was Steak and Eggs! I prepared a SayersBrook 4 oz. Bison Fillet Mignon. I just seasoned it with some McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley. I then grabbed a small skillet, sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray, and added a 1/2 tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil. Heated it on medium heat. Fried the first side 3 minutes and flipped it over and
cooked it another 2 minutes. I it came out a perfect medium rare! It was so tender and juicy. To go with it I cooked 1 Egg Sunny Side Up, toasted a couple of slices of Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread, and a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. This is the way to start the day! It's a Heat Wave around here! It was 35 degrees early this morning. We had a high of 56 degrees and mostly cloudy. After my Breakfast I went and picked up Breakfast for Mom at McDonald's. Back home later I got broom and leaf blower out and cleaned off the deck area, it was a mess! That was about it for my day. Kicked back and watched TV and got ready for the Super Bowl later tonight. For Dinner I tried another Sea to Table Fish, Gulf of Maine Redfish. Tonight its Fried Gulf of Maine Redfish w/ Potato Pancakes and Cut Green Beans.


Being a Fish and Seafood Lover like I am, I'm sure glad I came across the Sea to Table website! They have some fantastic selections of Fish and Seafood, be sure to check them out  (https://www.sea2table.com/) Tonight I'm trying their Gulf of Maine Redfish. Gulf of Maine Redfish is - This deepwater New England classic -- also known as the Snapper of the Northeast -- has bright red skin and flaky meat that is slightly sweet.






The Redfish came frozen, 4 - 3oz. Fillets. I let it thaw overnight in the fridge. To prepare my Redfish I'll need; McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Grinder Peppercorn Medley, Progresso Italian Style Bread Crumbs, and Extra Light Olive Oil. I first seasoned them with the Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley.
Then rolled the Fillets in the Bread Crumbs and let sit for 5 minutes. Next I got a large skillet and sprayed it with Pam Non Stick Spray and heated it on medium heat. As the skillet was heating up I added 1 1/2 tablespoons of Extra Light Olive Oil. With the skillet heated I added the 2 fillets. As they started cooking I drizzled a bit of Lemon Juice across both fillets along with Dried Parsley. I cooked them for 3 minutes then flipped them over and continued cooking them for another 3 minutes, until both sides were a beautiful golden brown.


As the other Sea to Table Products, the Redfish is just as good! Fried up perfect, nice crust. The Fish was as described; flaky with and light sweet taste to it. It fried up like Ocean Perch, it curled as you cooked it. The Fish is a real meaty fish, which I love. Excellent Fish, look forward to having quite often! Just so happy I came across the Sea to Table website. I'm able to try fish that I would have never had a chance to try living here in Ohio, like tonight's Redfish and the Winter Skate I had last week and the Dover Sole. Plus there's more I haven't tried and looking forward to trying them also.



So for a side I prepared some Manischewitz Potato Pancake Mix, my favorite (Never made a cake I didn’t like!). Just add 2 Egg Beater’s (1/2 Cup), 2 1/4 Cups Water, to the mix stir and fry! Easy and makes one good Potato Pancake and their only 80 calories and 18 carbs per serving (3 Potato Pancakes). The whole family love’s these Potato Pancakes! They turn out so good and easy to reheat the leftovers.







Then I also heated up a can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans. Just empty the can into a sauce pan and
heat until heated through. I just love Green Beans, all Beans! For Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop - Pop Corn along with a Diet Peach Snapple to drink.











Sea to Table
Our seafood is wild-caught by American fishermen in US waters, where science-based management
is in place to keep our fisheries sustainable and our oceans healthy. We deliver the best of the catch right to your door - cleaned, perfectly portioned, flash frozen, and ready to cook.
https://www.sea2table.com/

Sea to Table - Our Mission
Every day, port towns from Maine down to the Gulf Coast and back up to Alaska welcome the wild catch of American fishermen. As US fisheries are closely monitored and managed by a strict science-based system, we can rest easy knowing that their fish is responsibly-caught from healthy oceans. Our goal is to make this delicious seafood available to everyone.

* The Sea to Table Standard
* Wild Caught in US Waters
* Never Processed Overseas
* Pristine Quality Offerings
* No Antibiotics or Hormones
https://www.sea2table.com/our-mission/

Sea to Table - Gulf of Maine Redfish
Hand filleted, boneless, flash frozen
Why We Love It: Restaurants and home cooks all over New England embrace Gulf of Maine Redfish for its mild, slightly sweet taste and flaky meat. This fish makes a great alternative to other white-meat fish like Snapper, and is perfect for a long list of recipes. Each fillet is hand-cut and boneless, and retains its tender, bright red skin that helps lock in moisture no matter how you cook it.

Cooking Tip: Cut the fillets into bite-sized pieces and combine with veggies, tomatoes and broth for a delicious bouillabaisse.

Where It’s From: Redfish made a triumphant return from being overfished in the Atlantic Ocean, and now thrive in the deep waters off the coasts of Maine, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire.

Our Guarantee: We care about the fish you eat and work closely with our supply partners to provide you with the very best. If you are not 100% satisfied, we will replace or refund any item within 30 days.

(4 x 3 oz servings)
https://www.sea2table.com/product/gulf-maine-redfish/

No comments:

Post a Comment