Friday, December 14, 2012

Cincinnati Style Chili & Cheese Coneys w/ Oyster Crackers


Today's Menu: Cincinnati Style Chili & Cheese Coneys w/ Oyster Crackers


Good news about my Dad, he should be released from rehab next Friday, barring any setbacks. So good news there! A lot less wear on all of us especially Mom as she's up there every day.

On to dinner. Tonight was Cincinnati Style Chili & Cheese Coneys w/ Oyster Crackers! We all always enjoy Coneys! If you take a look at pictures you'll see a different Hot Dog, I tried a couple of the Buffalo Hot Dogs that was delivered yesterday from Buffalo Gal. More on those later. The ingredients I need tonight are: Ball Park Smoked White Turkey Franks, Skyline Chili, Kraft 2% Shredded Sharp Cheddar, French's Yellow Mustard, Frank's Red Hot Sauce (Optional), Chopped Onions (Optional), and Healthy Life Whole Grain Hot Dog Buns. These are the ingredients that make some excellent Cheese & Chili Coneys! A lot of people add Chopped Onions but I've never been a fan of that. I do like adding Hot Sauce to the Dog though, I use Frank's Red Hot Sauce.




Yesterday my Buffalo Gal order was delivered so I prepared a couple of the Buffalo Hot Dogs so we could sample them also. I liked them, their very lean as all bison meat is.The taste reminded me more a Brat or Mett than a Hot Dog. I'm saving them for lunch tomorrow. Very quickly just to tell you how to assemble this masterpiece of the  Cheese & Chili Coney World it's: Spread the Hot Dog Bun, Lay your Hot Dog in the Bun, top with Yellow Mustard, add the Chili, top it with Red Hot Sauce (Optional), add the Chopped Onions (Optional), top everything with Kraft 2% Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, you're ready to eat! For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Pudding.

No comments:

Post a Comment