Sunday, October 21, 2018

Shrimp w/ Fettuccine and Baked Garlic Loaf Bread

Dinner Tonight: Shrimp w/ Fettuccine and Baked Garlic Loaf Bread






For Breakfast this morning I Scrambled a couple of Eggs, seasoned them with Salt and Pepper and then topped them with some Sargento Reduced Fat Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese and some Ortega Smokey Chipotle Taco Sauce. I also toasted a couple of slices of Aunt Millie's Light Whole Grain Bread and had my morning cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. For most of the day I was taking it easy. My allergies were running wild and I had a heck of a bad headache. The weeds are about all dead in the woods behind us so hopefully my allergies will die with them. For Dinner tonight I prepared Shrimp w/ Fettuccine and Baked Garlic Loaf Bread.


For the Shrimp part of the dish I used Meijer Brand Jumbo Shrimp. I had them in the freezer so I let them thaw overnight in the fridge. I love Shrimp and all Seafood. I started by rinsing the Shrimp off in cold water and letting it dry in a colander. Using a medium size skillet, that I sprayed with Pam Cooking Spray and a 1 tablespoon of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, that I heated on medium heat. I seasoned them with Old Bay Seasoning and a sprinkle of Morton’s Lite Salt and added the Shrimp to the skillet. Cooked them 2 minutes per side, turning the Shrimp once. And as the Shrimp was cooking I started to prepare the Pasta.



To prepare the Buitoni Fettuccine; I filled a large Sauce Pan with 4 quarts Water and a couple of
shakes of Morton’s Light Salt. Turned it on high heat. When it was a full boil I added the Fettuccine. Reduced the heat for a gentle boil of the Pasta for 2 minutes, stirred frequently. Removed from the heat and drained the water. Seasoned the Pasta with Extra Light Olive Oil, Blue Bonnet Light Butter, Morton’s Light Salt, and Dried Oregano.








To serve, in a bowl, I made a bed of the Fettuccine and topped it with the Shrimp. I love Shrimp and Pasta! The Fettuccine was tender and so delicious. Then with the added Shrimp it just made that much better! I topped it with some Kraft Grated Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese.











I also heated up some of the RiverRoad Bake House Garlic Oval Loaf Bread I had yesterday for Dinner. Then for Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop – Pop Corn and a Diet Mango Snapple to drink.











Buitoni Fettuccine Pasta

Flat ribbons of pasta made with extra fancy durum flour and eggs.

INGREDIENTS:
DURUM FLOUR (SEMOLINA, DURUM WHEAT FLOUR), EGGS, WATER, SALT.

Nutritional Information

Serving per container: 3
Serving Size: 83.00 g.

Calories 240
Calories from Fat 20
Total Fat 2.00g 3%
Saturated Fat 0.00g 0 %
Cholesterol 45.00mg 14 %
Sodium 180.00g 7 %
Carbohydrate 45.00g 15 %
Dietary Fiber 3.00g
Dietary Fiber Daily Value 0.10g
Sugars 1.00g
Protein 9.00g
https://www.buitoni.com/pasta-products/249/fettuccine-pasta-9-oz

No comments:

Post a Comment