Monday, October 15, 2018

Tuscan Seasoned Pork Medallions w/ Mashed Potatoes and Cut Green Beans

Dinner Tonight: Tuscan Seasoned Pork Medallions w/ Mashed Potatoes and Cut Green Beans






To start my morning off I prepared a Poached Egg and served it on a toasted Healthy Life Multi
Grain English Muffin. I also had a cup of Bigelow Decaf Green Tea. 35 degrees and rain this morning. Rained most of the day and a high of 55 degrees. Having a rough day with allergies today and with weather being bad it's a good day just to relax and take it easy. For Dinner tonight I prepared Tuscan Seasoned Pork Medallions w/ Mashed Potatoes and Cut Green Beans.







I'm using the Costco the always delicious Tuscan Seasoned Pork Loin Medallions. The package had
20 slices in it and have them in the Freezer. So Last night I grabbed a couple of packages out of the freezer and let them thaw overnight in the fridge.











To start I preheated the oven on 400 degrees. To prepare them I used a Cast Iron Skillet. Sprayed it
with Pam Cooking Spray and added 1 tablespoon of Extra Light Olive Oil and heated it on medium heat. I then lightly Salted the Pork with Sea Salt and a sprinkle of McCormick Dried Parsley. Added the Medallions to the skillet and cooked it for 2 minutes a side, as it just started to brown. Then from the stove to the oven, love Cast Iron Skillets! I then baked them to a medium rare, 145 degrees in the center of the medallions using a meat thermometer. Pork Tenderloin is one of my favorites. The Pork is so tender and flavorful. Seasoned just right and so moist.











To go with the Medallions I prepared some Bob Evan’s Mashed Potatoes. Just microwave for 6
minutes and serve, just as good as homemade, if not better.













Then I also heated up a large can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans. Just empty the can into a sauce pan
and heat until heated through. I also baked a loaf of RiverRoad Bake House Garlic Oval Loaf Bread. Then for Dessert/Snack later a bowl of Skinny Pop - Pop Corn with a Diet Mango Snapple to drink.











Pork Facts….

One serving of pork is 3 ounces, or about the size of a deck of cards, according to the National Heart,
Lung and Blood Institute. An image of the portion size is important because a thick pork chop can be twice that size and without realizing it you can eat double the calories. You’ll get 137 calories and 4 grams of fat from a 3-ounce pork chop. Pork is similar to chicken, with 3 ounces of chicken breast containing 140 calories and 3 grams of fat. A pork chop has 65 milligrams of cholesterol, compared to 72 grams in chicken breast, but they both have just 1 gram of saturated fat.

No comments:

Post a Comment