Saturday, January 9, 2016

Baked Flounder Sandwich w/ Egg Noodles

Dinner Tonight: Baked Flounder Sandwich w/ Egg Noodles



For Breakfast I had a couple of Jennie - O Turkey Breakfast Sausage Links and 2 slices of Healthy Life Whole Grain Toast, lightly buttered. After Breakfast did some light cleaning around the house and finished up a load of laundry for Mom. I rarely buy Lottery Tickets but I went this afternoon and purchased some Powerball Tickets for tonight's drawing of over 800 Million Dollars! They say it could even go much higher before it's time to draw the numbers. As they say "you can't win if you don't play'. Not much else going on today around the house, pretty quiet. For Dinner tonight I prepared a Baked Flounder Sandwich w/ Egg Noodles.





While at Kroger a while back I purchased a package of frozen Flounder Fillets. They can be prepared by Baking and can be prepared from frozen or thawed. So I got 2 of the fillets out as I went to bed last night and let them thaw in the fridge overnight.









To prepare them I preheated the oven on 400 degrees. I then took a small baking pan lined it with foil and sprayed it with Pam Cooking Spray. Got the Flounder out of the fridge and patted them dry with a paper towel, then seasoned them with McCormick Grinder Sea Salt and Peppercorn Medley along with a dash of Garlic Salt. When the oven was ready I baked the Flounder for about 10 minutes. Not bad for frozen Fish, good flavor and baked up nicely. Just the right size for small Hoagie Buns. I used Aunt Millie's Deli Style Whole Grain Mini Sub Buns and topped the fillet with McCormick Fat Free Tartar Sauce.



For side dish I had planned on Mac and Cheese but my Mom had prepared a bag of Inn Maid Amish
Egg Noodles as part of her and Dad's dinner she had prepared for their dinner, so I just used the leftovers for my dinner. First time I had tried that brand of Egg Noodle and really liked them. I don't have Egg noodles a lot because of the higher calories and carbs but I hadn't had any in quite a while so they sounded good. Just reheated them a bit and reseasoned with Morton's Lite Salt and Ground Black Pepper along with a pat of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter. Enjoyed the meal tonight, bit of an odd combo but enjoyed it! For dessert later a Jello Sugar Free Dark Chocolate Mousse.







Inn Maid® Medium Egg Noodles

Inn Maid® Medium Egg Noodles are made in the heart of Ohio Amish Country. They are perfect for
side dishes, entrees, soups and casseroles. Available in 8oz. and 16oz. packages.

INGREDIENTS:
ENRICHED DURUM FLOUR (DURUM WHEAT FLOUR, NIACIN, FERROUS SULFATE, THIAMIN MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), EGG YOLKS.
Contains: Wheat, Eggs.
NUTRITION FACTS:
SERVING SIZE: 2 oz (56 g)
SERVINGS PER CONTAINER: about 8 for 16 oz.
SERVINGS PER CONTAINER: about 4 for 8 oz.
AMOUNT PER SERVING
CALORIES 220 CALORIES FROM FAT 40
                 % DAILY VALUE*
TOTAL FAT 4 g 6%
SATURATED FAT 1g 5%
TRANS FAT 0 g
CHOLESTEROL 115 mg 38%
SODIUM 10 mg 0%
TOTAL CARB. 38 g 13%
DIETARY FIBER 1 g 4%
SUGARS 2 g
PROTEIN 8 g

http://www.innmaidnoodles.com/innmaid-products/product/111/inn-maid-medium-egg-noodles

No comments:

Post a Comment