Monday, January 6, 2014

Blackened Grouper w/ Cut Green Beans, Sliced Carrots, and Wheat Bread

Dinner Tonight: Blackened Grouper w/ Cut Green Beans, Sliced Carrots, and Wheat Bread







Well our high for the day was at 7:00 this morning, it was 2 degrees. It's been going down ever since. It's at minus 5 degrees with a wind chill ranging from minus 20 to minus 40 degrees! So welcome to the frozen Tundra we call West Chester, Ohio! We had to go pick my Mom's car up at the shop this afternoon and it took heating the car keys up several times before we were finally able to unlock the door. I don't mind the cool weather but this is out of control. From what they say the frigid cold is here most of the week. Minus 5 tomorrow for a high. All you can do is go on and make the best of it. For Breakfast I started off with a Sunnyside Up Egg, Turkey Goetta, and Toast. The more I have the Turkey Goetta the more I love this stuff! Then for dinner tonight I prepared a Blackened Grouper w/ Cut Green Beans, Sliced Carrots, and Wheat Bread.








Last night before I went to bed I laid the last bag of my Gulf Coast Grouper Fillets in the fridge overnight to thaw. A friend of mine who goes down to the gulf Side of Florida quite often always brings me back some of his fresh caught Grouper. These are always some of the finest tasting Grouper I’ve ever had! I started by rinsing the fillet off in cold water and patting dry and cut it into smaller pieces. I melted a tablespoon of butter, Blue Bonnet Light Stick Butter. I then brushed both sides of the fillets with the Butter and then rubbed the fillets with Zatarain’s Blackened Seasoning and Sea Salt. Then I got out my favorite skillet, The Cast Iron Skillet. When the pan was fully heated I added my Grouper. Cooked it about 3 1/2 minutes per side, and it was ready for the table! This fish is just soooo good, hard to describe! Moist and bursting with flavor. My friend who brings me the Grouper is in Florida right now, I hope the Grouper are biting!









For one side dish I prepared a can of Del Monte Cut Green Beans and I also heated up a small can of Walmart Brand Sliced Carrots. Served with a slice of Klosterman Wheat Bread and an Ice-Cold Diet Dr. Pepper. For dessert later a Skinny Cow Chocolate Truffle Ice-Cream Bar.









Kitchen Dictionary: grouper


A fish weighing from 5-15 pounds. The flesh is lean and firm, but the skin is strongly flavored and should be removed before cooking. Popular varieties are the black grouper, Nassau grouper, red grouper and yellowmouth/yellowfin grouper.

Ingredient

Season: available year-round

How to prepare: braise, grill, poach, saute, steam

Matches well with: garlic, honey, lemon, mustard, spinach, white wine

Substitutions: halibut, sea bass, snapper

Popular Grouper Recipes
* Baked Grouper Creole/Parmesan
* Blackened Grouper
* Caribbean Jerk Grouper


Nutrition Facts
Calculated for 1 fillet
Amount Per Serving %DV
Calories 238
Calories from Fat 23 (9%)
Total Fat 2.6g 4%
Saturated Fat 0.6g 3%
Monounsaturated Fat 0.0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.8g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 95mg 31%
Sodium 137mg 5%
Potassium 1250mg 35%
Total Carbohydrate 0.0g 0%


http://www.food.com/library/grouper-72


No comments:

Post a Comment