Friday, February 18, 2011

LOW-CARB PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES


Oh yeah, Peanut Butter Cookie treats for those watching those carbs or for those of us with a type of diabetes.

LOW-CARB PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Ingredients
* 1 Cup Jiff  Peanut Butter
* 1 Cup Splenda or other sweetener equivalent
* 1 Egg
* 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
* A Dash of Salt

Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix together and roll into balls.
3. On lightly greased cookie sheets, place balls about two inches apart.
4. Flatten the balls with a fork dipped in sweetener.
5. Bake until set.
* Optional – drizzle some melted low-carb chocolate on top of cookies.
* Optional – Add your favorite Nuts to the mix or place a whole Almond
on top of each cookie before baking.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks much for sharing this recipe and reminding me of it. My hubby is diabetic and I use lots of sugar free recipes - this one is definitely a winner! I found you at Sweet as Sugar Cookies - keep sharing your great recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I'll be making these for my diabetic hubs, thanks! (visiting form Sweet as Sugar Cookies!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have gestational diabetes and have a c section scheduled for this upcoming wednesday (37 weeks) I have to admit, I'm wanting to "stress eat" and I'm craving cookies so I'm going to make some of these tonight! I've used this recipe before with sugar, so I'm looking forward to giving it a go with some splenda!
    Thanks for sharing! (linked through sweet as sugar cookies)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me know how you liked them, and good luck on your upcoming surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope the surgery went okay! this is great tho! glad to have found your blog!
    -meg
    @ http://www.clutzycooking.blogspot.com
    @ http://www.myscribblednotebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete